Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Signing server down again?

Cant sign files for all of today. BB 5.0.

New Developer

Re: Signing server down again?

"General failure. Please try again. Server may be unavailable." Is the response im getting.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

New Developer

Still getting that error today.

Highlighted
Developer

Worked fine for me just now. 

New Developer

So I am still not able to sign my apps and have applied for new keys. Got them back but I need 4 sets of keys, RRT, RCR, RCC and RBB and I was only supplied 3 of them and I dont know what the registration PIN is as I didnt enter this during my application.

I had contact with someone at BlackBerry and they told me the reason why im not getting any help is because I did not supply enough information. Would someone be so kind to tell me what kind of information I need to supply in order to get this problem solved? It has been 5 days now that I cant sign apps.

Developer

The issue for me is that I have been able to sign apps during the period that you say you have not been able to.  This suggests to me that the problem is at your end rather than with the signing process in general.  And there is no information which describes your situation. 

If you try to sign, and get a failure, but the web site I have pointed you at is not reporting a problem, then that is also a good indication that the problem is most likely at your end.

So you might like to try a different PC, or a different connection or gateway to see if you can isolate exactly what it is in your environment is causing the problem. 

Sorry I can't be of more help.