Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Curve 8320
Accepted Solution

Signing with JDE Plug-in for Eclipse

Hi, 

I have received my keys to sign java apps but am a little confused as to how the app gets signed.  I'm not sure if this is correct but I'm clicking on Blackberry, Request Signatures, and the signature tool opens. I then click on Register and I get the message 'Unable to register signatures until this application has been registered with all signing authorities required'.  I dont see where I am able to register my application within the JDE.  I do see my app listed with the status of "not registered".  Any insight on this would be appreciated.

thanks, 

Retired
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Signing with JDE Plug-in for Eclipse

Have you actually registered the keys once you have received them? If you haven't try double-clicking the .CSI files that you've received. I've included a couple of knowledge base articles below pertaining to the subject.

• http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800738/800989/What_Is_-_Code_signing_and_obtaining_signature_keys.html?nodeid=800749&vernum=0
  • http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800738/800989/How_to_-_Confirm_whether_or_not_a_CSI_code_signing_file_has_been_successfully_installed_on_a_PC.html?nodeid=800900&vernum=0
  • http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800738/800989/Support_-_Unable_to_register_keys_or_sign_a_file_while_behind_a_proxy.html?nodeid=800897&vernum=0 

Developer

I did register the keys I received by email.  In C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.2.1\bin I have sigtool.csk and sigtool.db

I looked at the links you provided.  The second link talks about sigtool.db and I have that with three entries in that.  The third link talks about a proxy server but that would not apply as I'm connected directly to the internet.

Thanks for your reply. 

Developer

I found the solution. 

sigtool.db and sigtool.csk needs to be put in your eclipse plugin directory.  On my system this was

c:\eclipse\plugins\net.rim.eide.componentpack4.3.0_4.3.0.8\components\bin

G.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Please contact BetaDevSupport@rim.com for help with configuring your signature keys in the BlackBerry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse.  The beta release does not handle this automatically for signature keys installed into the BlackBerry JDE.

As a work around, you can use the SignatureTool from the version 4.2.1 BlackBerry JDE to sign your application built in Eclipse.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker