Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Simulator Connectivity

That post is all thanks to you.  I've answered questions like yours a lot, so when your question came up, I decided it was time to write something down I could just refer people to!  You will notice I have used your words at one point - hope that is OK.  Your words summarized the question that everyone wants answered perfectly.
Developer

Cheers mate,

And no problem about the quote.

However...Smiley Happy i do have a few more questions regarding this issue.

I have since applied to the alliance program and have recently received a reply.

I was not expecting the fee to be as large as it is since all i really need is a few words, deviceside=bsb-b or whatever it is Smiley Tongue

I know there are various benefits of being part of the alliance but all im really interested in is the BIS-B api.

So my question is:

How acceptable would it be, not to include BIS-B in network config heuristics?

i.e. MDS->WAP2.0->Direct TCP->WAP1.0

I'm not sure if i shold be posting this here since the thread is marked as solved.

Perhaps i should add it to your thread?

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&thread.id=29103&view=by_date...

Appreciate the advice.

Developer

Ask the question in a new Thread, then you will get input from other people, and I will stick a reference or the results in the big post.  Is that OK?

For me, before BIS-B, we used (and still do use on applications that have not got RIM approval) Direct TCP.  WAP 2.0 is a relative new one for me, I've not had a chance to use it anger, when I used in test on our provider (Vodafone) I got a transcoder problem (hence that entry in the post). 

Highlighted
Developer

Perfect, will do! Smiley Happy