Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Simulator exit and reset does not work

Experienced developer, new to BB development. I installed JDE 4.6.1 on Vista. I cannot exit or reset the simulator from the File menu, have to kill it from the Task manager. What am I missing? I can attach the JDE debugger to it and step through an app. No apparent problems with the installation. Plus it seems to repeatedly get into a mode where it is taking keystrokes (the buttons flash) but it will not change menus.

PS Reading this forum, I have user account control turned off. 

Developer
Developer

Re: Simulator exit and reset does not work

Yeah I have the same problem on all recent simuator versions.  Vista x64.

I wound up creating an ant task that automatically kills fledge.exe before starting it again.

Visitor

I've got the same problem.

Developer

I'm not a x64 user, but I believe the problem of having to manually kill SImulators is a Win 7, 64 but problem.  I'm not sure x64 is a supported environment.  Please search the forum for related questions JCarty has written a really good Thread describing this and other Win 7 64 bit issues, look for that. 

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.3.2.858, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.2576, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.2582, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.1.2576, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

@peter It is supported in the most recent plugin. I have had no issues with it on Win7 x64. But I am also working with the Storm and Torch sims so I don't know if problems exist for older versions.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.