Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Spurious line from fillArc when using setGlobalAlpha

[ Edited ]

I use version 4.6 and get a strange behaviour from the fillArc filling only part of a circle, when using setGlobalAlpha as per the code below:

graphics.setColor(Color.DARKGREEN); graphics.setGlobalAlpha(100); graphics.fillArc(r.x, r.y, r.width, r.height, 110, 300);

One of the bisecting lines that limits the arc is actually continuing across the centre of the circle and shines through the filling. If setGlobalAlpha is set to 255, then this effect can not be seen. I have uploaded a screen shot (http://www.flickr.com/photos/skogskar/3863113671/) to make it easier to understand the problem. The spurious line is going from the centre of the circle down to the left.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

Per

Ps. I did not manage to upload the screen shot using the inser/edit image button here on the site. Anyone have an idea how to do that?

Message Edited by pmagnus2 on 08-27-2009 10:11 PM
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Spurious line from fillArc when using setGlobalAlpha

This issue is still there. My guess it is a bug in the Graphics class and should in that case be easy to verify. Anyone?