Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Steps to test a J2ME application on a Blackberry device

I have developed a J2ME application which has a user login screen and when submitted it validates the user with the Oracle database and displays a message (valid user or not). Currently this application is running on Tomcat Web Server. I have tested this with J2ME Simulator and it works fine. Now I want to use this application on a Blackberry device. Can you please tell me the steps to enable this application to be used on Blackberry?
Developer

Re: Steps to test a J2ME application on a Blackberry device

You can covert your JAD/JAR filed to COD files using "rapc" command provided by JDE and then load the COD file using desktop application manager, or OTA or "JavaLoader" tool provided by JDE. You can even place your JAR and JAD on your web server and using blackberry browser you can point to the JAD url, application will be installed on device.

Give a look at this thread too.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&message.id=809

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
New Developer

I was able to install the application onto the BB device but the application does not work properly. This is a custom intranet application which is running on Tomcat Server and uses the Oracle 10 g database. When we submit the login form with the details, the request is sent and after sometime I get a "server timed out" error on the BB device. It works fine with the Device Simulator. What do I need to do to make this work? If any other software or anything is required on the BB device?
Developer