Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Blackberry 8900 Javelin

Storm 9500 uncaught exception

[ Edited ]

Storm 9500 handset

Vodafone branded

v4.7.0.141

I tried with 9500_omadrmEuropean_PBr4.7.0_rel195_PL4.0.0.174_A4.7.0.141_Vodafone_UK.exe, and also by updating from 4.7.0.65 via desktop manager.

Uncaught exception due to permissions being DENY. Event Log Image The error appears to have something to do with setting a global event listener when the permissions for Connections and Interactions are DENY.

To reproduce:

* get a Storm [9500] with latest Vodafone firmware

* set Connections and Interactions default permissions to DENY

* install an application that tries to add a LabelField to a screen (didn't check if it was the creation of label, or addition of it to screen)

* run it and watch it die.

I got the error trying to invoke a permission request screen. It uses labels and the first label in the application permission causes the uncaught exception. You can also get the permission error using a simple Java test that creates a screen and adds a label to it - here is the source to one i prepared earlier now with check to see if the error is creation of label, or addition to form (yet to run this one on new firmware)

I have yet to check which permissions are needed to be set to ALLOW to allow a label to be used. Labels work fine in 4.7.0.78 and 4.7.0.65 when Connections/Interactions are DENY as do 4.2.1, 4.3 and 4.6 devices.

Message Edited by robinShazam on 05-11-2009 04:53 PM
Developer
My Device: Blackberry 8900 Javelin

Re: Storm 9500 uncaught exception

The uncaught exception is on LabelField creation. The application needs to have Cross Application Communication set to ALLOW to avoid the error.