Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Storm Screen issue??

Hi All,

I have an application developed using BlackBerry JDE 4.2.1 and it works fine in all BlackBerry OS version < 4.7.

But when we run this app on storm following things happens

1: every screen opens up with virtual keybaord.
2: screen always be locked to portrait mode.
3: full screen is not used by my screens.

Please let me know, if it's possible for me to make my current application compatible for Storm without doing much changes.

i need to solve these issues as soon as possible. please suggest me with possible solutions.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vijay Saini.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your problem was get solved then please mark the thread as "Accepted solution" and kudos - your wish
Developer

Re: Storm Screen issue??

[ Edited ]

If you search, there are perhaps 5 different threads on the board right now discussing this issue.

Here is one of them:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&message.id=10460&query.id=21...

What you are seeing is the default behaviour of 4.7 OS in response to an application compiled on an earlier version of OS.

Message Edited by RexDoug on 12-04-2008 01:42 PM
New Developer

Hi RexDoug,

I have gone through the post, Can compatibility flag solves my problem?

RIM-TouchCompatibilityMode :  false

RIM-TouchCompatibilityMode-UserChangeable : true.

or i need to do anything else?

Thanksin advance

Regards,
Vijay Saini.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your problem was get solved then please mark the thread as "Accepted solution" and kudos - your wish
Developer

I guess the answer to that question is up to you and your users. If the application is otherwise 100% usable, then the answer is "yes".

Otherwise, you may need to download the 4.7 JDE and have a 4.7-specific release.

New Developer

RexDoug wrote:

I guess the answer to that question is up to you and your users. If the application is otherwise 100% usable, then the answer is "yes".

Otherwise, you may need to download the 4.7 JDE and have a 4.7-specific release.

it would be great if you clarify "otherwise 100% usable" in above statement.

Thanks in advance..

Regards,
Vijay Saini.
Developer

There may be custom UI components that are fine on a trackball device, and "work" on the Touch device, but are not very user-friendly.

For example, a list row might be too small to reliably select using your finger.

Or, a custom list component may not scroll with the touch gestures.

..things like that.

"Works" does not necessarily mean that your users will be happy with it.

Highlighted
New Developer

Try turning off Compatibility Mode under Options > Advanced Options > Applications. . . hilight your app, hit the menu button and select "Disable Compatibility Mode".  That should keep the app from running only in portrait and displaying the keyboard at all times.