Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Storm orientation / paint errors (never seen this before)

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I've been facing a weird issue both on BlackBerry Storm simulator and device - although the results are a bit different. I have a complex application so I'll try to summarize things a little bit.

I have a square bitmap with 480 pixels. This bitmap is drawn to a custom screen (extending MainScreen) from time to time, in the paint method. I also have a XYRect variable which stores the screen drawable area rect and updates it when sublayout is called. With this, I don't have to worry about the screen orientation when drawing the bitmap. I just use the XYRect and draw the visible portion of the bitmap. This seems to be working just fine, despite the following:

#1: If I change the device's orientation to landscape, the bitmap is successfully painted and everything looks great. But if I click the screen, I get this error on the simulator: "Device Error (DE355): IoTaskQueueTimer invalid timer".

#2: If I change the device's orientation to landscape, the bitmap is successfully painted and everything looks great. But if I then change it back to portrait, I get the following error: "Device Error: Invalid width for RasterFillC16 API".

These errors are both on the simulator. On a real Storm, I don't get these errors, but everything seems to stop working when I reproduce the steps above.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bruno.

Edit:Just one important piece of information: I've already tried removing the paint and sublayout methods from my custom screen, but this continues to happen (although nothing is painted on the screen, as expected).

Message Edited by bcbas on 04-04-2009 12:27 PM
Message Edited by bcbas on 04-04-2009 12:27 PM
New Developer

Re: Storm orientation / paint errors (never seen this before)

anyone?
New Developer

I got similar problem (tested on Storm simulator):

If I use

Ui.getUiEngineInstance().setAcceptableDirections(DirectionControl.DIRECTION_NORTH);

my app works fine.

But if I use

Ui.getUiEngineInstance().setAcceptableDirections(DirectionControl.DIRECTION_WEST);

or

Ui.getUiEngineInstance().setAcceptableDirections(DirectionControl.DIRECTION_LANDSCAPE);

my app failed and I saw "Invalid width for RasterFillC16 API"

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

What BlackBerry handheld software version are you testing on?  You can find this under Options, About on the BlackBerry Smartphone.

Can you post some sample code that triggers this error?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker