Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: 9506
My Carrier: rim

Submitting application on App World

Hi,

Which file(s) do we need to submit to RIM for your application to be available at Blackberry App World,

Currently I am using blackberry sign tool for web deliverable and place it on a web to download, I also want to know which file do I need to submit to RIM for my Application to be available at App World

Sign tool generates whole lots of .cod and .debug files and a .jar, a .cso, a cls, a .jad, a .rapc file for my application which of these are submited to RIM

On packaging my blackberry application it generates 40+ .debug files and a .jar, a .cso, a cls, a .jad, a .rapc file

Please guide which file I need to submit to RIM for my Application to be available on Blackberry App World

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Submitting application on App World

The only files from your list that you really need are the cod files. 

I believe that there are special circumstances in which you might want to use the jad, but I have never needed to use this so have not looked.

Remember you will need other things as well, like screen shots, icon and featured icon..

Contributor
My Device: 9506
My Carrier: rim

Thanks Peter for your reply 

.cod files from Web deliverable or Standard

Standard deliverable has only one .cod file, web (generated from sign tool) has alot of these .cod

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Either will do, but they must be signed. 

You will find that App World will unpack the single cod file during upload.  However if you have the already unpacked individual cod files, than you have to select them all individually - which is a bit of a pain. 

When I sign, I only get one cod file.  I agree that if you are putting them up on the web, you will usually need to unpackage the sibling cods. 

If this is something you are not familiar with, search for "sibling" on the forum.