Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Super vertical scroll scrolls down multiple pages?

Hello,

I have some labels on top and then a big listfield and bottom two buttons in my application screen. When i turn the device into landscape mode, buttons are getting hiden because those are in the bottom entirely. So i added scroll like below:

super(VERTICAL_SCROLL | VERTICAL_SCROLLBAR);

So that, i can scroll the entire screen and get the buttons easily. But the problem now is, it scrolls the entire screen with multiple pages. I could scroll so many empty pages in the bottom. How to avoid scrolling empty pages (or) how to restrict to scroll to certian level(may be 1 page scroll)?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Developer
My Device: various
My Carrier: various

Re: Super vertical scroll scrolls down multiple pages?

Your problem is having focusable fields so far apart. When you roll your trackball down (or slide your touchpad down), the default behaviour for BlackBerry built-in classes (such as VerticalFieldManager etc.) is to shift focus to the next focusable field (if any) and scroll the manager so that the active (focused) field becomes visible.

Is your ListField FOCUSABLE (Field.FOCUSABLE is a style bit which you can pass to the ListField(int, long) constructor)?  If not, why? If yes, it should get focus and your navigation movements should select its rows in turn before jumping to the buttons below...

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Mine is Storm, touch screen device. When i push up the screen in fingers, it scrolls to multiple pages continuosly, not restricting to just one page.

Developer
My Device: Playbook

There is no "page" concept.    The swipe north/south on Storm will initiate a scroll which, depending on how fast you swipe, will scroll for longer or shorter.   Just pressing and pulling slowly, the scroll will follow your finger.

Touch bb's don't have the typical "focus" scrolling of regular models, so those issues do not apply.