Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

TCP Tunnel Fail BlackBerry Bold

[ Edited ]

Hi guys, im having a hard time since 5 days ago, my problem is that im getting an io error Tunnel Fail when i try a direct TCP  using the following sentence, I have already confirmed with the carrier (Telcel) the apn parameters are ok.  

conn = (HttpConnection) Connector.open("http://myweb.com/insert.php;deviceside=true;apn=internet.itelcel.com;TunnelAuthUsername=webgprs;Tunn...", _urlParametros.getBytes());

Playing with the url i changed the sentence to this

conn = (HttpConnection) Connector.open("http://myweb.com/insert.php;deviceside=true;apn=blackberry.net;", _urlParametros.getBytes());

and I got io Timed Out

any clue?

My device is a BlackBerry Bold, and i want to know if that is a problem with my device, the carrier or my code. I have tryied a lot of changes and no success, Im able to navigate in the web and the TCP configurations in advanced options are ok.

I have already downloaded the diagnostic tool to test the direct TCP and the test fails as well.

Thank you for your help and support.

Alejandro

Message Edited by AlejandroRR on 02-02-2009 06:12 PM
Message Edited by AlejandroRR on 02-02-2009 06:17 PM
New Developer

Re: TCP Tunnel Fail BlackBerry Bold

[ Edited ]

I have already solved the problem. The carrier had mixed my Bis Full package with another called Mixto, Telcel did not know mixto is not "compatible" with Bis full until I anoyed them and explained the problem to the ITS guys directly. Mixto disables bis full apn acces. lol

Thank you everybody.

Message Edited by AlejandroRR on 02-03-2009 07:33 PM
Developer

Re: TCP Tunnel Fail BlackBerry Bold

Thanks for reporting this - it is useful to know that this sort of problem can be caused by a user's plan (or lack of it in this case).