Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8310 curve
My Carrier: PLAY

Tester Need! :)

[ Edited ]

Hi, i need some tester with real device like: 9900 with OS 7.1

In my real device(9000) application works fine, but on simulator 9900 not working...

This application add to your BlackBerry Browser menu text "Plugin FileCrop"

Please test this application and answer in this topic if works on real device with 7.1

This is link OTA:

Download Application

Or paste this URL in your BlackBerry Browser  and install:  http://goo.gl/duZbg

Works on 5.0. Try on 6 and 7.1 OS.

Developer
My Device: Not specified

Re: Tester Need! :)

[ Edited ]

Hi, this is my test results :

Work on BlackBerry 8520 OS 5 ( Result is a menu in blackberry browser and if clicked show a screen to search filename from file server hosting)

Not work on BlackBerry 9780 OS 6

Not work on BlackBerry 9900 OS 7.1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
2. Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
Trusted Contributor

Thank you very much! Now i will be thinking why do not work on os 6 and 7 MENUITEM_BROWSER Hm...
Developer
My Device: Not specified

welcome. dont forget press like button Smiley Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
2. Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have questions, why this code not working on OS 6 and 7.1 but on 5.0 working fine. This is a sample:

ApplicationMenuItemRepository Menu = ApplicationMenuItemRepository.getInstance(); Menu.addMenuItem(ApplicationMenuItemRepository.MENUITEM_BROWSER, Mymenu);

int position = 0x100000; ApplicationMenuItem MyMenu = new ApplicationMenuItem(position) { public Object run(Object context) { // Code to run something...
Dialog.inform("This is working on OS 5! but on 6 and 7 not :("); return null; } public String toString() { return "My menu String"; } };

I have used this in UiApplication like this:

class MyMenuBrowser extends UiApplication  {

// 1. Entry Point
// 2. public class

}
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is very interesting, because today i  got response from user who have this model:

OS 7.1.0 1909 |   v7.1.0.658 model  bb 9810

And write to me that this application work very fine...i dont understand why on my simulator(9900) dont working and of above device from reply user.

Problem solved by my own...