Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: 9700, 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone, T-Mobile

Re: TextField and LisdtField on Screen

Then you have to manually implement all the stuff provided by the KeywordFilterField for searching, i.e. create a list (better a tree) of keywords, initiate search on user input and manage list content.

One benefit of manual implementation is, that you can implement a per row update when the model changes. With KeywordFilterField you only can update the whole list with updateList(). This will gain lots of work if you do not cache your tens of keywords for thousands of entries. Or you may implement an intelligent mechanism that loads only the data visible to the user and some data around (catchword ViewPort) when heap space runs short.

Unfortunatley, I'm not able to post any working example for a custom search implementaion since every solutionhas its own requirements and optimizations. Find yours!

I suggest to try to setup the KeywordFilterField solution first.

Best regards

Developer
My Device: 9200
My Carrier: Etisalat

Re: TextField and LisdtField on Screen

I have a problem according to this topic.

I do everything and works fine except when I write any word in the KeywordFilterField it always shows the first elements and not the right elements although when I click any of them and print its string it gives me the right search result which should be displayed in the SortedList, so any one can help??