Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

The simulator and previous applications

I am using the eclipse plugin for development.  I have several small blackberry applications that I have developed.  When I am debugging one of them (and all the other projects are closed) they all still show up in the simulator.  When I am done debugging and close a project I don't want to see that application in the simulator anymore.  How do I clean up the simulator (4.7) so previous project/apps are no longer on the simulator (until the next time I debug the app).

Thanks for the help

Colin Marsh.

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: The simulator and previous applications

Go to the simulator folder and run clean.bat here
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

There is no clean.bat in the simulator folder.  I checked C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Smartphone Simulators 4.7.0\4.7.0.41 (9530)

No batch file.  The simulator is working fine so I don't think there is any error with the install.

Colin Marsh

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

In this case delete manually all *.dmp files from the simulator folder.

Also - delete all *cso, *.cod, *.debug and *jar files related to your apps from the simulator folder.

As an option - when you've just installed simulator - make a clean copy of the simulator folder and overwrite working simulator folder contents from this clean simulator folder.