Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Toggle between (main)screens in a new app

Hi,

I'm looking to be able to quickly toggle between screens on the application I'm developing.

I'd like to have something similar to the blackberry app world where selecting one of the icons at the bottom of the app loads a new screen.

However, I'd like to have the screen brought to the front when rolling over the icon instead of trackball clicking it.

Is this possible?

Would I have to continually pushScreen and popScreen after each roll over, or is there a way to switch to available screens instead?

Is there a way that this could work with buttons or text instead of icons?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Toggle between (main)screens in a new app

"I'd like to have the screen brought to the front when rolling over the icon instead of trackball clicking it.  Is this possible?"

Yes, override onFocus() for the BitmapField that focus has been taken to to pushScreen, pop on onUnfocus(). 

"Would I have to continually pushScreen and popScreen after each roll over,"

I am not aware of any other way to change a Screen on a BlackBerry device,

"Is there a way that this could work with buttons or text instead of icons?"

Not sure what you mean by this. 

An icon is just a button really, so the same thing could be done, or you could have to click it. 

By text, is this the user typing a character?  The answer is that this could do swap screens as well.