Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2

Too many cod files?

I've been developing a BlackBerry app mainly through the simulator (for most of the time I had no idea signing was no free) but now that I've got it on my phone I've noticed there's about 38 cod and debug files in the deliverables folder (I'm using eclipse). Any idea why this is? As a result I don't think the app can be installed over the internet, only through the BlackBerry software. Also, everytime I build it and it gets signed, I get 38 e-mails saying it's been signed.. Slightly annoying!

Developer
Developer
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Too many cod files?

[ Edited ]

If your app is over 64K it splits the cod into smaller sibling cod files, which is what you are seeing. And yes, you will get an email for each one of the sibling cod files when signing. You can filter them to auto-delete, but you cannot stop them. 38 cod files is not an exceptionally large number. I have an app that is 26 or more than installs fine OTA.

[EDIT] It's actually 64K or data or code before it splits. So you could theoretically have an 128K cod file of 64K each of data and code.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2

Thanks for the info, honestly thought it had just gone a bit mental.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi ro27,

Check out this link..

You can get further knowledge via this link..

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/The-maximum-size-of-a-BlackBerry-smart...

Don't Say Thank You... press the kudos button  on the right side to thank the user that helped you.

please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.