Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: None atm.
Accepted Solution

Torch simulator buggy?

[ Edited ]

Hi

Is something wrong with the Torch simulator? I have an app that listens to incoming and outgoing calls using the PhoneListener and I am testing that code on OS 6. I dial a number, press green key to call and then net_rim_bb_phone_app gets a NullPointerException on ActivePhoneScreen(Screen).onDisplay() line 4125. Just like that. My callInitiated() is not even called.

I also get a crash when simulating a call. I get the crash after I have handled callConnected(), so the call is coming, I press the green key to answer and BOOM!!!

Another thing: If call alert sounds are set to 'all alerts off' then MediaPlayer.isSucces() line 713 gets a MediaNativesEception. I managed to work around that one by settings alert sounds to silent.

Any ideas?

Br
J. C. Nielsen

Attended DEVCON 2010

Free Tibet
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Torch simulator buggy?

What BlackBerry device software version are you testing on?  You can find this under Options, About on the BlackBerry Smartphone.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

The 6.0.0.141 simulator have that bug what you described (with the call).  The first call cause this exception indiferent if you have attached listener or not, if you hit the continue (a few times), after that will work (mean from the second call). Download the 6.0.0.246 in that simulator that bug was

Developer

Simulator software is 6.0.0.141. I will try to install  new version as sannyo suggested.

I ran the software on a real Torch with 6.0.0.62, can't see the crash here, but I can see that when I try to get a PhoneCall object from the callId null is returned - weird.

Thanks for helping.

Br
J. C. Nielsen

Attended DEVCON 2010

Free Tibet
Developer

The simulator 6.0.0.246 works just fine. Thanks for the tip sannyo :-)

My real Torch phone is still using 6.0.0.62 and can't be updated, so my software will still fail on that device.

Br
J. C. Nielsen

Attended DEVCON 2010

Free Tibet
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

where can i find the 246 simulator?

when i browse the downloads on blackberry.com the 141 is listed as the latest

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Highlighted
Developer

Yes. You are right, and that must be a mistake from RIM.

On http://us.blackberry.com/developers/javaappdev/ , click the 'BlackBerry smartphone simulators' hypertext just above the 'Latest Simulators' drop-down. It launches a page (http://us.blackberry.com/developers/resources/simulators.jsp) where you can 'Select your smartphone' in a dropdown, and then you go to the right an select OS 6 in the 'Chose your OS' drop down. Now the 'BlackBerry SmartPhone Simulator 6.0.0.246' appears as a link just below.

Br
J. C. Nielsen

Attended DEVCON 2010

Free Tibet
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

thanks jcnielsen. strange that it was not listed otherwise.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter