Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

(TouchEvent) Were there any changes in processing TouchEvents in BlackBerry API 6.0 after 5.0?

I have an application working well on the platform 6.0 and it does not work in 5.0 (I use the simulators - 9800 and 9550, respectively).

A class extends Field and overrides the method:

protected boolean touchEvent(TouchEvent message)

Degugging indicated that this call (inside the overridden method)

touchEvent.getGesture()

returns null when the application runs on 5.0.

Were there any changes from 5.0 to 6.0?

Can I implement processing of TouchEvents in a cross-platform way, so it can work both in 5.0 and 6.0?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: (TouchEvent) Were there any changes in processing TouchEvents in BlackBerry API 6.0 after 5.0?

There were some new gestures added in OS 6, detailed in the JavaDocs, but most should work fine.

What SDK are you using? What gesture are you testing for that are failing?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

Re: (TouchEvent) Were there any changes in processing TouchEvents in BlackBerry API 6.0 after 5.0?

Sorry for a very late answer. I was very busy on the project and the problem was solved.

I think the reason was also in the 9500 (9550) emulator and the feature of BlackBerry Storm (9500), the clickable touchscreen. As far as I know, 9800 has no clickable touchscreen. Initially I thought that the difference was in the API.