Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

TouchScreen

Hi ALL

i have done one applictaion on Blackbery JDE 4.5 and the same application i have changed the UI and kept other functionality same without disturbing it ,

so i built the application that was developed on BlackBerry JDE 4.5 (SUPOORT THE handset 8700,8800,etc...) in that application i have used keyeven and navigation click ,so now i am builting the same project (developed on JDE 4.5) by changing the UI (screen 480x320) and newly built on Blackberry 4.7..

so now my question is will that project work on the handset strom with touch screen enabling on simulator its working taht is through mouse i clicked on the button etc..its working like a touch only  so will the same work on real handset or do we required to include Touchevent function and override it please give me information on this  ...

Regards

Divya

Developer

Re: TouchScreen

The application developed for 4.5 will run in compatibility mode.

This includes a permament virtual keyboard taking the lower half of the display, with you app running in a 320.240 window at the top.

This *can* be disabled. Search the forum for "compatibility mode" and you will find many threads on the subject.

Best case: have a separate build for 4.7 OS.

Highlighted
Developer

ya what u said is true  my question is how can i give Onfocus and all in touch i want to dispaly a name when bitmapfield is focused and when it is clicked i want to display some information so 

how can i get the Onfocus for touch of the bitmapfield for click i can get 

TouchEvent.CLICK

but how can i get the event ofr onfocus of the bitmap beause on touch only it will consider as the click event please help 

Regards

Divya

Developer

Using the stock RIM controls and compatibility mode, the touch events are mapped for you.