Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

My Device: Style 9670
My Carrier: Sprint

Trackpad sensitivity and erratic focus

[ Edited ]

I'm experiencing really strange behavior in 2 of the screens in our application:  the trackpad is overly sensitive so its hard to direct the focus to the various list entries or links (i.e.. The focus behavior becomes erratic).

One screen shows a list of results.  The list view field is an extension of a HorizontalFieldManager and it contains a BitmapField and 2 LabelFields.  It also uses a VerticalFieldManager internally to manage the LabelFields. 

The other screen uses the TwoColumnFieldManager to manage the display of labels and corresponding link fields.  The link fields extend the LabelField.

We encounter the super sensitivity when we initially display either screen. If we go to another screen and return we no longer see the behavior.  Also, we no longer see the behavior after pressing the end button, then returning to the app. 

This issue spans multiple devices and OS's:  9670, 9800 (OS6), and 9900 (OS7 and 7.1).

Has anyone encountered this behavior before and if so what is the resolution?

Consequently, we also have another screen which uses the BrowserField2 to render web content in case this API can negatively impact the behavior of the trackpad.