Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Transfer file to and from simulator?

The BlackBerry Simulator does not support full USB Simulation.  The "Simulate USB Connection" ties into the BlackBerry device driver to suupport communication with Desktop Manager.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I am able to access the files and folders in a Simulator using "Simulate USB connection" and then browsing through the folders using Desktop manager.
New Developer

I think this will work for yor

First Download Winimage .exe and install it

copy your 8120-sdcard.dmp or 8130-sdcard.dmp  to some temporary location and from winimage ->Open browse yoru .dmp file and extract      files ou want

If you want to create a new SDCard

To add files to SDCard use "winimage"

In Winimage

create -> new -> iport format from image file

select one .dmp file for image and give your filename.dmp

to add files select

Image->inject and add files to your .dmp file

and use it as SDCard by

in simulator
select        simulate->SDCard->Addfromfile and choose the .dmp file created by you

now the sdcard is ready to use

New Developer

Yes YOu can read and see the file sin the  *.dmp file

By using  "winimage" Tool

With this you can create a new dmp file and extract the files from .dmp file

DilliRao 

Developer

Hello dillirao,

Sir I followed your instructions to create an alternate SDCard on the desktop and copied a few music files(.mp3 type) inside the music folder but as soon as I follow your last instruction i.e.  simulate --> change sdcard --> add from file.. When  I add from file, my simulator reports an error and closes.What should I do?

Secondly, My application needs to access music files from the gallery and to implement the same I first of all need to add music files to the simulator. Is that imlementaion  feasible in 4.3.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Akash Saxena
Blackberry Developer,
Wirkle.
Developer
My Device: 9000 Bold, 8300 Curve

I tried using the latest winimage 8.5 and I could get up until the import part, but when I selected my generated dmp file, it didn't do anything.. nothing loaded in.

Is there a particular version that I would need to use?

Developer

Hi,

Well I used winima81.exe and it worked for me. Try this one out.

Regards
Akash Saxena
Blackberry Developer,
Wirkle.
My Device: 8700
My Carrier: at&t

You can view and extract file in SDcard Simulator by use WinImage  to open *.dmp file, but remember rename the extension *.dmp by *.iso then WinImage can open it.

I tested suceesfully with WinImage 8.1 and 8.5, I can use this way to download the database of MSDict Cambrige Advanced Leaner's on BB Simulator  on my PC then transfer it to my real BB

Have fun!

Vietnamese Blackberry Community

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

Hi guys,

nice topic. I'm looking to simplify life to our automation engineers. They have automated tests but they coupled and should be executed in strong order. It means that if something wrong with one case before it will fail all after. I was thinking to help them to introduce some start point state for simulator. Where app passed the registration, has some numbers of contacts and messages (we have messanging app).

I played a little with dmp files of simulator. I found that I could restore state for this particular sim and our application version. But I failed when I tried to use same files with another simulator (file system error). And also I filed when I tried to replace old cod file with updated app version.

I probably mess up something and I'm going to have another try. But does anyone have success expirience in this area - restoring state of simulator and update app cod files? Something similar?

Thanks,

Eugen