Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

Twitter via xAuth

Has anyone gotten any Twitter integration working with a Java app using xAuth? I have not been able to find any good examples of this.

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Super Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Twitter via xAuth

I'm also searching for the good example.. I used this sample with Twitter ME 1.5:

Token = new Token("token_access", "token_secret");
  Credential c = new Credential("user_name", "consumer_key", "consumer_secret", token);
  UserAccountManager m = UserAccountManager.getInstance(c);
  if (m.verifyCredential()) {

I tried to get token using examples from here:

http://j2megroup.blogspot.com/2010/10/xauth-lib-oauth-made-easy.html, but got errors. Basically, the thing I don't like is that we have to create EditField to read username.. Or maybe I'm wrong? Is there login form UI like the one in FaceBook?

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: ATT

Yeah, my twitter app uses xauth (have to move away from it though since xauth doesnt give you access to DM's anymore). Is there a specific part of xauth that you are tying to get working?
Like all of my posts
Super Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

thank you for reply, actually, I guess I misunderstand something.. Can you please take a look at my another post on twitter authorization?

Also - to this thread - I have to say that I was able to get  *401 unauthorized error* response using the code from the link below, which is perfectly ok since I used oAuth data in xAuth code.

So I guess it would work for xAuth signed applications.