Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

UI messed up on Storm

My application works well on BlackBerry non-touch screen devices. But problems happened on Storm. 1. I customized my own ScreenManager and use int screen_width = graphics.getScreenWidth(); to get screensize, however, the screen width and height that received is 320* 240, which is supposed to be 360*480. 2. the virtual keypad is always showed up and occupied the half screen size. This leads to my application was narrowed down to the half top. My application works on 9530 emulator. It occupies the whole screen without virtual keypad. How come it dosen't work as expected on real device. How to avoid this problem.

Developer

Re: UI messed up on Storm

And Graphics.draw( x, y, .....), Although I set x = 0, y=0, the drawed stuff is not really started from(0,0). its origin point looks like (10,10). That's porbably when I push screen, the whole app screen background stands in the middle, including the title bar.

Developer

I also deloyed a demo app from the download package. Seems applicatoins could totally occupied the whole screen.
Highlighted
Developer