Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Unable to debug into a library project

I've programmed a Blackberry CLDC project relying on two Blackberry library projects included into the application project via the Eclipse Java Build Path. When I start the Application in the Blackberry Simulator, I am able to debug into code of one of the two Library projects but not in the other. Breakpoints in the Library are ignored, and if I try to step into method calls of that libary, the debug process freezes.

All this works fine with the other library. 

Has anyone come across this or knows how to resolve it?

I'm programming with the Blackberry Eclipse Plugin under the component pack 4.3.0.13

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Unable to debug into a library project

[ Edited ]

Use net.rim.device.api.system.EventLogger class to write to the Device Log.

To open device log in the simulator or real device do the following:

press Alt, hold it and press LGLG on keyboard.

Message Edited by tbilisoft on 06-01-2009 01:57 PM
Developer

In my experience, what you are seeing is an indication that the debug file that the JDE is seeing doesn't match the cod file on the device.  I would make sure that all compiled versions are correct.  This can get quite painful, especially when you have libraries that dependent on other Libraries.  I generally compile the base library, sign it, then compile the dependent library and so on and finally compile the application.
Developer

I solved the problem: I had renamed the library earlier, so the Simulator had two different cod-Files containnig the same class files. This seems to have lead to the described problem. I reinstalled the the simulator and took care that only the current cod files were deployed into it, and now it works.
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

clean.bat is a bit less extreme compared to reinstalling while delivering the same results.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter