Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: Unable to make an HttpConnection

Yep, that's what I was asking.

You've stumped me then.  Wish I could have helped you more.  Good luck!

All code is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and noninfringement.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Hi again,

I've just test to launch all the MDS simulators that were installed with the complete JDE component plugin for eclipse, plus 4.6.1 which i installed later and...

4.3 and 4.7 launch correctly, but 4.5, 4.6, 4.6.1 only pop de command a second and close. It's quite weird, i know, but it's what is happening Smiley Happy

Is there any problem if I work with a different version of the MDS Simulator and the Device Simulator? At least the browser and HttpConnections work fine.

Anyway, thanks a lot MySpoonIs2Big

Regards

Message Edited by miskatonic on 02-25-2009 10:57 AM
Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

You can use different versions of the MDS Simulator and BlackBerry Simulator together.  There are some restrictions, if the version are really far apart (i.e 4.0 MDS Simulator and 4.6 BB Simulator) you can see connection issues.  In these cases the simulators won't talk to each other.  But if you can make a network connection you are fine.

If you want to dig deeper into the issue please post your PATH environment variable.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker