Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Unable to make connect with the Socket Server

Actually my requirement is to make direct TCP connection,and not through MDS.

Can you please tell me what are the options/steps i missed.Here i have wi-fi connection. I even tried by using

"interfac = wifi".But still the same exception. please detail me the requred options may be i am missing.

Thanks

Thanks and Regards
Developer

I understand that.  However I would still like you to do the MDS test.  Since you seem to be having problems, we need to try to figure out what is causing the problem.  Using the MDS log will, I hope, help do this.
Developer

I tried to make Socket  Connection using MDS .

But still it's unable to connect and still getting "java.io.IOException: Open tunnel - max timeout".

And getting following data.....

<2008-12-08 05:47:26.839 CST>:[44]:<MDS-CS_MDS>:<DEBUG>:<LAYER = SCM, EVENT = Ex
pire records from device storage that are expired or older than 0 hours; 0>
<2008-12-08 05:47:26.901 CST>:[45]:<MDS-CS_MDS>:<DEBUG>:<LAYER = SCM, EVENT = Ex
pire records process ended; 0>
<2008-12-08 05:47:46.657 CST>:[46]:<MDS-CS_MDS>:<DEBUG>:<LAYER = SCM, EVENT = St
atistics save task started>
<2008-12-08 05:47:59.350 CST>:[47]:<MDS-CS_MDS>:<DEBUG>:<LAYER = SCM, EVENT = St
atistics save task finished -- number of rows inserted:5>

Please tell me what can i do to make socket connection using MDS or direct TCP .

Thanks

Thanks and Regards
Highlighted
Developer

I presume that you have reviewed these?

Network Transports video - see it here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/resources/videolibrary.jsp#tab_ddetail_subtab_jde

What Is - Different ways to make an HTTP or socket connection
DB-00396
http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800451/800563/What_Is...

I take it that you did not change your connection string to use ";deviceside=false", which you would need to do to use MDS.  But, as noted, the only reason to use MDS was to prove that there was not a problem with the BlackBerry side of things. 

I think I have run out of options to try to help you with the BlackBerry side of things.  I suggest that you use a low level tracing tool like Wireshark (http://www.wireshark.org/) and trace your message flow to and from your server (I suggest you look elsewhere for help running this tool if you don't know how to use it).  Perhaps there is something about the connection from the Blackberry that your Server does not like and so it just ignores it?  Or you have some proxy Server/firewall in the way?

I can happily connect, using a Socket connection, to a server on all the SImulators I have installed (I have JDE 4.0 and up and a few other simulators as well).  I can do this using Direct TCP, or MDS, by following the instructions given in DB-00396 above (bringing up MDS when needed).  So what you are trying to do is possible.  I suspect you need to figure out what it is in your environment that is stopping it.