Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
New Developer
My Device: null
Accepted Solution

Unable to start simulator

All of a sudden Eclipse won't run the simulator for me. I get the following message, no matter which simulator I try to launch:

Unable to start simulator. check that the file exists. (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Execuatable name has embedded quote, split the arguments)

Yet if I go into the directory where the simulator is and run 9900.bat, the simulator starts and runs fine. And clicking  run  in Eclipse successfully posts any changes to my program to the simulator. Yet Eclipse always gives me the above error message. 

Does anyone know why?

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Unable to start simulator

Hi tpv,

Clean the Simulator.

In Eclipse

Open Project -> BlackBerry -> Clean Simulator.

I hope now you got solution.

feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.

New Developer
New Developer
My Device: null

Thanks Umang,

Unfortunately, you are too late - for I fixed my problem by uninstalling and then re-installing Eclipse, 3 JDK's,  and all my simulators. Before I re-installed everything, I made sure all the original directories of thes 3 entities were all deleted. Then I re-installed them all into different directories with a different workspace. This worked - it just took a lot of time. I wish I had recieved your advice earlier. It might have saved me all of that.

(I think the problem was more than just the simulators, for Eclipse also and abruptly failed to package my Apps written in OS 6).

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 - 10.2
My Carrier: Vodafone ES

We had the same problem but in my case it was only necesary to reinstall the simulator, using a directory without spaces.

I download the 9860 simulator, and I used: c:/BBJavaSimulators/

And it works like a charm!