Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Uncaught exception, application not responding

Ok - that sounds fine.

I've seen folks with this problem, and they had a while(backgroundNotDone) loop in the UI thread.

Smiley Happy

Developer

Hrmmm that may have done it (the event log).  in my parser i was updating a gaugefield in my UI (through the callback). apparently that caused the problem. im not sure why (it used to work), and i dont know why having a println in there makes a difference, but that have been the issue. im still testing.

i forgot i had to be on the main screen for ALT+LGLG to work.

thanks all

New Contributor
My Device: 8900-Bold
My Carrier: vcb

Hi,

I am getting the error UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION "Application app(168) is not responding.process terminated...what for it  is coming like this..i couldnt get anything...Pl help me

Developer

did you check the event log? thats how i solved my problem ... if you scroll through the log (may take awhile) you should find entries for your app. i dont remember exactly what it said but it pretty quickly pointed me to the problem.

Highlighted
Developer

This issue means that you are performing some time-consuming process in the event thread (that is, the thread that calls your UI components).

Some things to look for:

* Blocking operations called from the UI, like HTTP request

* Time consuming operations performed in the event thread, like a for/next loop processing many items

* calling sleep() in the event thread

* Synhronizing the event thread with a background thread

..andf probably many others. If you inspect the stack trace (either in the debugger or in the event log on the device), you will see where all of your threads were when the applicaiton was terminated.  This should help you localize the issue,