07-18-2008 05:38 AM
I created a JDE Application (let's call it AppX) and placed abc.jad, abc.cod and abc.jar files on a webserver. I downloaded the abc.jad file through my blackberry browser and proceeded to successfully install the application. I could see the icon for AppX on my blackberry. I could launch the application. Everything worked fine.
A few days later, I decided to rename the .jad, .cod and .jar files. So I renamed them to AppX.jad, AppX.cod and AppX.jar files; I also updated the contents of the AppX.jad file to reflect these changes and finally placed the three files on the webserver again. Again, using the blackberry browser, I downloaded and installed the app.
And wola! I now have two AppX icons on my blackberry. And two separate applications!
Here's what I want to achieve: I want to keep the files named AppX.* but i do NOT want two separate applications and icons on my blackberry. Specifically:
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-18-2008 06:21 AM
Interesting, that is not what I would have expected. I will give it a try. Can you please tell me what level of OS you have on the device?
Try deleting the old module from your device using:
07-18-2008 08:17 AM - edited 07-18-2008 09:05 AM
An application upgrade (remove old app, install new app) is only performed if both 1 and 2 below are statisfied:
1) application name is the same
2) vendor name is the same
If you do not satisfy those requirements, you can still "fake" the upgrade by first retrieving any persisted data so that it isn't lost, then deleting the CodeModuleGroup and using CodeModuleManager to delete all the modules within that group.
07-18-2008 08:24 AM
I had indeed altered the application name and the vendor name in the .jad file; specifically, values for:
Switching them to the previous values solved the problem!