Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: RIM

Unit converter

Hi there , hopefully I am writting in the right place to get my answer , actually I wanted to start a project which is Unint converter + GPA calculator , so I strated doing that , and I have designed the initial screens ,

but what I wanted is ( How to add command to the button to perform an opreation between 3 text field addion , mul, divsion... and show the result in the third text field .) if I knew how to do this , my project will be done with in 1 day .
 Please have a look at my link below to get the idea .http://im19.gulfup.com/2012-05-12/1336830579221.jpg

I appreciate any little help from you .

Developer
New Contributor

Re: Unit converter

Hi ,
thank you for replying to mail . ,

I am not deep into jave, so can you help by provding much more clear solution , I had i look to links but yet I am not getting into my point .

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

"I am not deep into jave..."

We can guess that from your spelling of Java.  Smiley Happy

Unfortunately this forum is not intended to be a "learning Java forum".  BlackBerry Java development assumes you know some Java and you certainly need to be familiar with basic Java concepts like Objects, Threads, Operations, and so on. 

The problem really is that the BlackBerry Java platform is not a great platform to learn on, you will get very confused and not know if the issue is BlackBerry or java.  So I recommend that you learn Java on a platform that you are already familiar with, like your PC.  Buy a book on learning java for you PC, then you will able to get to grips with Java without worrying about environments or Simulators or any of the special BlackBerry things.  Once you are happy with Java, then come back.  And then I think the links you have been supplied with here will make sense. 

Good luck. 

New Contributor

hi , Ah " jave " , I think you have got me

my friend , guess what ?

I used Java before , and thats was my only reson to develop in java instead of the other option offrerd by rim ,

I dont know why no body can help me to creat one button and link it to  2  text fields  and displaye the result in the third text field.

Developer

Can you please post the code you have written so far?

It would be easier to assist you that way.

E.

New Contributor

I will upload it once I get the chance