Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Unsupported API was called: GPRSInfo.imeiToString(GPRSInfo.getIMEI(), false)

Hi all,

have an application compiled with jde 4.2.1 which works on all simulators very well, expect the 8330. The 8330 reports "An unsupported API was called" when I invoke GPRSInfo.imeiToString(GPRSInfo.getIMEI(), false);

I´ve doublechecked all APIs and all methods are available for 4.2.1 (even earlier).

The output:

BlackBerry Device Simulators v4.3.0.124 (8330)

API Failure (DE372) - BlackBerry Device Simulator
-------------------------------------------------
An unsupported API was called: RadioGetGprsState

API Failure (DE372) - BlackBerry Device Simulator
-------------------------------------------------
An unsupported API was called: RadioGetCurrentHomeZoneTag

I am 100% sure it is raised when GPRSInfo.imeiToString(GPRSInfo.getIMEI(), false) is called. Any ideas? Is this a bug in the simulator or does it exist on the real device as well?

Thanks,

Stephan

Developer

Re: Unsupported API was called: GPRSInfo.imeiToString(GPRSInfo.getIMEI(), false)

Hi,

there are two possible ways to retrieve the IMEI.

One is using GPRSInfo the other is to use IDENInfo (Integrated Dispatch Enhanced Network).

As i remember only one of these two functionalities will succeed.

Maybe give IDENInfo a try.

Regards,

Jochen

Highlighted
Developer

Re: Unsupported API was called: GPRSInfo.imeiToString(GPRSInfo.getIMEI(), false)

Hi Jochen,

thanks - you are right its a network issue. the simulator is configured to use CDMA network, so CDMAInfo is the right class. Does anybody know where CDMA networks are used? Some more questions to the CDMA network:

- Is ESN the IMEI of the CDMA network? 

- To check if roaming: Use homeSID / homeNID versus CDMAInfo.CDMACellInfo SID/NID?

Thanks!