Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Unzipping a zipfile on the SD card Using Zipme

Hi,

I am working on a project that will parse a file that is stored within a zipfile on a SD Card.

From searching the forums, I have found the suggestion of using the GNU zip library at  http://zipme.sourceforge.net/.

I was wondering if anyone had done this before or had any examples of how you would go about this.

Thanks

Developer

Re: Unzipping a zipfile on the SD card Using Zipme

Why don't you just use one of the ZIP input stream classes that already ship with the device?

See GZIPInputStream in the API docs.

New Developer

Thanks for replying so quickly.

I checked the API and I thought GZIPInputStream would just unzip files that were zipped using gzip.  The file that I need to deal with is zipped with zip and has many files embedded within the one zip files.

Is it still possible to use GZIPInputStream?  Do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks,

Jeff

Developer

Sorry, thought you were looking for GZIP.

Unfortunately, RIM doesn't provide the ZIP libraries as in Java SE.

Looks like you'll need to bring in a 3rd-party library.

New Developer

I am searching for 3rd party libraries for unzipping files..can anyone suggest any such libraries? Also, I'd really appreciate it if anyone could provide me with links to these libraries, unless of course, they're easy to find by their name through google Man Happy

Thanks.