Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Upcoming developer wiki

I am very excited about it, wanted to share the information with you:

Mail from Mike Kirkup:

Simon,

A wonderful idea and one we are actively working towards.

We are a couple of weeks away from launching the BlackBerry Developer Resource Center which is an extension of Lithium using their product called TribalKnowledgeBase.

This product allows us to consolidate all of the developer resources into one location (KBs, tutorials, videos, code samples, documentation, etc) that will all be indexed by the major search engines.

As part of the launch it opens up the ability for external people to submit content to the resource center. We would do the work to actually validate the content (I don't want bad sample code in there for example) and then one click approve it. The developer gets credit for it towards the developer recognition program and it shows who created and who last updated it for anyone who checks it out.

Does that match your expectations?

Mike

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
My Device: BOLD 9700 OS5.0.0.x on Rogers Canada
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Upcoming developer wiki

That's a great idea! Should make thing a lot easier on new Developers. It's a bit difficult to collect the many resources currently available to developers, spread out across the internet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
chown -R us ./base
~J!NX
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

Really great idea and another way to expand the developer recognition program. Hopefully all of the details of the developer recognition program are hashed out so we know what's involved.

I would definitely love to see code samples with what they would LOOK like on the device (screenshots) but if we could possibly add that, then I'd be all for it.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.3.2.858, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.2576, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.2582, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.1.2576, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

Nice

I think one of the first things added should be a beginner section. Get them used to where samples are, how to use the internet when debugging on the simulator, etc.

Now that I think about it, though it would probably be pushing it a bit, at the Developer Conference they said the new Simulators would be Java based. It would be cool to have a simulator in web browser so you can have sample code and show it working at the same time. Maybe with some clever coding you can do interactive tutorials where you explain how to do certain tasks and see the results in real time.

That is a far off idea but you can do a lot with a Wiki if you know how.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.