Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: 9100

Update application, BES settings

Hello,

I'm trying to update an application programatically and actually i already can do it. But i know the BES administrator can control over a lot of stuff, and for example, he can set that application in a way so we can't update or uninstall this application. My question is... can i get to know this configurations from my application? i mean, can i get to know if this application can't be deleted or updated from my code.

Thanks very much in advance.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Update application, BES settings

[ Edited ]

If you're using the CodeModuleManager to programmatically update/uninstall your application, then have a look at the various error codes that the API can return -- some of the codes indicate that the IT Policy is preventing your code from performing the requested operation.

In addition to this, you can query some of the IT Policy settings using the net.rim.device.api.itpolicy.ITPolicy class.

Message Edited by klyubin on 05-10-2009 10:11 AM
Developer

Thanks for your answer.  I took a look into the api to find about ITPolicy... but do you know where can i check the names or ids and groups for that policies?
Developer

[ Edited ]
Now I found that the name of the policy i need to check out is "Disposition application control policy rule", or at least that's what i think. But i don't know how to get the id or group i need for the methods of the ITPolicy class. Does someone know where to find a complete documentation about that?
Message Edited by ibarrera on 10-05-2009 06:23 AM
Developer

Any ideas? I would appreciate your help a lot... I don't know how to face this problem.
Developer

I'm sorry, I don't have a list of the IT Policy settings. All I recall is that only some of the standard settings can be queried via the IT Policy class. It appears that for third-party developers the class is there mostly for the purpose of querying custom IT Policy settings.
Developer

P.S. Open the ITPolicy.class in Eclipse to see some of the constants.
Developer

Thanks a lot. I already did it, but i'm not that expert to know what i should do, i can't even find a constant related with my target. And i can't believe no one had a similar issue with this. I'm still looking for a solution, i hope someone can help me.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8320
My Carrier: Airtel India

Did you get answer for your question?

Highlighted
Developer

Actually I didn't, but i think it is not possible.