09-11-2008 03:04 AM
I am currently trying to develope a application in Black berry using java.
I'm new to BB with JDE.
Following are my requirements for the BB application:
1. Is it possible to do customised reminder application in java JDE4.6?
2. How to play sound files in BB using Java coding?
3. Is it possible to run the application background?
4. When my application is closed/device is switched off also i want the customised remainder to popup according to the time?
5. want to run the executable file by setting time. Can this be achived?
6.The customised reminder fields must be stored seprately in local Database. Which database can be used for this process? and how can this be achived?
7. Is it possible to access a C#.Net webservice in JDE for data processing?
can we achive the above things using Eclipse or suggest any other SDK (simple and best)....
if any extra requirements is need for the following task pls suggest that....
suggest some useful links for developement and coding(since i'm new i need basic level coding)....
09-11-2008 04:24 AM
09-12-2008 06:56 AM
I'm new to the blackberry developement with JAVA. Now i'm using eclipse for creating the BB application.
can any one suggest me how to create
pls specify with what header files to include.
09-12-2008 07:22 AM
sunkarcj - I think you are hijacking someone else's thread. If you have an unrelated question, start a new thread. I also suggest you use the Search to find information (for example, on Eclipse, Buttons, Textboxs and images), and look at the other resources available at
You will find the Developer Guide and Javadocs invaluable too.
Regarding starting out with Java on BB, check the following thread.
09-12-2008 07:33 AM
Thanks for the information.
I found this post related my search, so i included my post in this. If u find this hijacking....well sorry....
once again thanks for the information