Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: 08155639982

Use BlackBerry “Share” MenuItem In My App

The Facebook and Twitter apps for blackberry displays a "Share" menu-item when you click on the BB menu button while using those apps. I am building my first BB app and am wondering how to use / activate / integrate that "Share" functionality into my app so that when clicked the user can share with the options the menu-item presents which usually includes Facebook and Twitter.

I know I have to create a Menu which is quite simple to do, but I am asking if there is an API that allows one to integrate with the "social apps" on a BB device. The "Share" MenuItem in my Twitter app for example, shows the following options : Email, PIN, SMS, MMS, BNM Chat, BBM Group, Facebook and Twitter. That means I can select some text in the Twitter app and click "Share" and then select Facebook from the options to post that text to my facebook account. I think there is an API that exposes all these options to the Twitter app thus allowing it to integrate with e.g Facebook. 

How do I achieve this in my own application. Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Use BlackBerry “Share” MenuItem In My App

"I think there is an API that exposes all these options to the Twitter app "

That would be so nice.

Unfortunately I think you will find that all these options are coded in the Twitter app.

When I have added this sort of functionality in apps, I have had to build it from scratch using the Facebook SDK for Facebook and so on.  I am not ware of any other option.

Sorry.