Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Use RAPC directly instead of Ant for command line builds

I'm using JDE for development and I'm looking into automating the daily builds of my app.  I heard that some developers use Ant to automate their builds and I was wondering why.  From within the JDE or the Eclipse plugin, you can see the exact Rapc command line for compilation and build.  Why shouldn't I just use the JDE or the Eclipse plugin to set all my build parameters and then put the rapc command line in a batch file for build automation?

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Use RAPC directly instead of Ant for command line builds

Henry,

I currently use a batch file to compile my code into a .cod file and a .alx file. But i'm using the Java wireless toolkit to build all of my code, and then I run the batch file aftewards so my Midlet can work on the BlackBerry.

I'd say if I knew how to write my own batch files i'd probably have written something that builds my app and runs the batch file as well, atleast for anytime that I want to package my application. Batch files are fun and cool and easy to use, very helpful.

Lemme know if you want a copy of my current batch file for easy cod deployment. 

http://rs68.rapidshare.com/files/18701818/Rapc.zip

theres a link to it, but using that batch file and the storm you'll have to replace the

net_rim_api

with the storms current net_rim_api

the default folder for that is the following

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.7.0\lib

inside that directory you'll find the net_rim_api...

feel free to reply or message me if you need anymore help.

:-)

Enjoy coding in java, I hope you're working on a fun project and all is well with your life.

--JavaLover

/************** BelowZeroSoft ***********

www.belowzerosoft.com

Using creativity to blow your mind through software 1 step at a time.

*/
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: none

Re: Use RAPC directly instead of Ant for command line builds

link is dead now... sadly
www.cobiinteractive.com
www.madmob.co.za