Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

My Device: Blackberry 8330
My Carrier: AT&T

Using BlackBerry Device with MDS Simulator

Hi,

I am a newbie at blackberry application development. I have downloaded the simulators for my device as well as MDS Connection Service (SDK 4.5) and have been able to get it working and access other J2EE Application Server on my laptop.

What I can't find in any of the samples / tutorials is if I deploy my test application to a physical device (instead of simulator), is there any way to make it work with MDS Simulator running on my laptop.

Thanks

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Using BlackBerry Device with MDS Simulator

I am interested in this as well, so any assistance would be appreciated.

Dave

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

MDS-CS is there to emulate BES.

Forgive me for asking a stupid question, but what do you need it for?

Your device is already on the network, BES or BIS, right? What function does MDS-CS provide that you don't already have on the network-connected device?

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

I can't speak for AA1234, but in my case, our network admins don't yet have MDS set up properly on our BES so I cannot push messages from y application server through the BES to my device. I can push to my MDS simulator so if I can get that communicating to my device it will allow me to work with my app on real hardware.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

OK, we'll I'll put in my $0.02 worth and say there isn't way to use MDS-CS on your desktop PC to provide a BES environment for a mobile device.

Perhaps others will have a different answer.