Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: NA
Accepted Solution

Using Webworks database in Java.

Hi all.

Just a quick question. Is it possible to use/access/write to a database created by a webworks application (using javascript), in an Eclipse built java application?

I tried it already and of course it is encrypted. I tried to copy the file, open a file connection and copy the data from the original file to the copy and then open the copy, as other people mentioned, but it is still encrypted. I believe this method is only to overcome a java built database previously saved on an SD card that uses only that card's encryption.

From what my research has shown is that webwork applications automatically encrypt there databases. So I am assuming that only a webworks application can decrypt a this type of database and that there is no way that a Java built application will be able to access it. I hope that is not true!

Thanks for your time guys!

Rob

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Using Webworks database in Java.

according to http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/Database-problem-in-the-webworks... the db is encrypted and can only be opened with the key stored in the webworks app.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Highlighted
New Developer

Could that key be transfered to a java app or is it webworks specific?

The webworks app has been designed by my colleague for a project we are doing together.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

not my area of expertise, but i would guess that this is not possible.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Developer

Ok, thanks Simon.