06-21-2012 10:21 AM
So here's the API I downloaded and imported in my project ->
When I run it, I get "Error Module Attempts to access secure api"
It says its supported for OS 4.2 and above I belive, so me running it on my blackberry 9900 OS 5 should work,
I've been on these forums before and following the solutions, I ordered code signing keys, and signed the project as well.
This is what shows up in the code signing box, just before I run it:
It compiles without errors, but It still doesn't work.
What am I doing wrong exactly?
Any help would be appreciated!
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-21-2012 10:27 AM
06-21-2012 10:51 AM
I'm not really sure what you mean by which field prompts the error.
If you look at the link : http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/li
and download the src files, you'll see there's a lot of packages...
in the com.rim.device.uiexample package, if you open up UIExampleApplication.java - thats where UIExampleIndexScreen is called by the main method.
When I open UIExampleIndexScreen.java -
It's basically a list of buttons that loads all the UI examples found in the packages...
And since there are so many UI examples loaded by UIExampleIndexScreen, I'm not really sure which one would be causing the problem.
06-21-2012 10:59 AM
06-21-2012 11:30 AM
Tried those sources this time.
I don't get any "not registered" comments in red, [like the image from before] when I sign it now.
Is there any way to specifally find which field might be causing it?
I looked at the classes, and all of them just extend the basic fields that blackberry uses...and just customizes it. So I really don't understand why it isn't working..
Any other clues?
06-21-2012 11:42 AM
06-21-2012 03:39 PM
Anyone else who's having this problem, with these particular src files from the advanced ui package download.
Make sure the following is in place.
Your JRE version is important.
If you are testing on a device that is older than 7.1
Change your JRE by right clicking on the JRE and selecting the right JRE for your device. [some of you may need to downnload the right JRE].
I installed the blackberry plugin for eclipse, so it automatically gave me all the JRE's available. I just had to change it.
After I changed it, I did not get anymore red comments in when I signed the code.
it ran fine, with no error message popping up for "attempts to access secure api".
If anyone has any questions, and is experience the same problem. Please ask. I spent hours on this, and I'd be glad to help if I've been unclear!