Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Verification error 422

Hello everybody,

I am developing an application from existing classes using the Eclipse plug-in of the SDK for BlackBerry and when the MIDlet is deployed, I make it run but it crashes showing this error:

Error starting Test3: Module 'Test3' has verification error 422 at offset 6563.

Do you know what it means?

Thank you!

Highlighted
New Developer

Re: Verification error 422

I would like to add this error is produced by the BlackBerry 9000 Simulator and before to show that message, it also shows this other message:

JVM Error 104

Uncaught: RuntimeException

Scroll for available commands.

Continue

What option should I check for get more information on where happens this problem?

Thank you!

Developer

Please obtain the Event Log dump using "JavaLoader -u eventlog >bb.log" and then post all entries about verification errors as they will provide you and us with more details. See here for examples of "interesting/relevant" entries: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&view=by_date_ascending&messa... and http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&view=by_date_ascending&messa...
New Developer

Where can I locate this 'JavaLoader' command?

I have just started to develop apps with the BlackBerry SDK, but I have experience developing MIDlets from normal J2ME phones.

New Developer

I am running the application using the option "Debug as -> BlackBerry Simulator". The "Event Log" window that is located in the menu "Tools -> Show Event Log" displays nothing, but in the output console I have got these messages:

AG,+CPT
AG,-CPT
JVM: bklt @83726: timer
JVM: bklt[1] @83726: idle 0
JVM: bklt @83726: setTimer 15
FocusHistory: Focus lost; App net_rim_bb_ribbon_app; Component net.rim.device.api.ui.MediaController
FocusHistory: Focus gained; App net_rim_bb_ribbon_app; Component net.rim.device.apps.internal.ribbon.launcher.RibbonIconField
FocusHistory: Focus gained; App net_rim_bb_ribbon_app; Component net.rim.device.apps.internal.ribbon.launcher.RibbonIconField
Starting net_rim_bb_simphonebook
Started net_rim_bb_simphonebook(179)
EF: 20 SIZE: -1
Starting Test3
Module 'Test3' has verification error 422 at offset 654d
Error starting Test3: Module 'Test3' has verification error 422 at offset 654d

Developer

JavaLoader.exe comes with BlackBerry JDE (don't know whether it comes with the BlackBerry Eclipse Plug-In). I believe it's in the bin directory.

You need to connect you BlackBerry via USB to your PC, and the issue the "JavaLoader -u eventlog >bb.log" command. You have to have the USB Drivers installed (usually done when you install the BlackBerry Desktop Manager) to enable your PC to talk to your BlackBerry.

Alternatively, you can manually access the Event Log on your BlackBerry. Go to the BlackBerry home screen (the one with all the application icons, date, and time), then hold the left ALT key down while typing lglg. The Event Log Viewer should appear. You can then copy its contents and send them via an e-mail.

New Developer

I am testing the application against the BlackBerry Simulator, not against the real device because I don't have its USB cable.

Anyway, I will set up my environment variable PATH to point also that folder to use that command in the future.

Developer

Then go to the Event Log in the simulator. On your PC keyboard, hold the left CTRL key down while type lglg. You should be able to find out more information about the verification errors in that log.
New Developer

The Event Log window doesn't show anything, even when in the window with the phone I hold the left ctrl key and type lglg.
Developer

It won't be in the Event Log window. It will be on the simulated screen. Go to the window that shows the screen of the simulated BlackBerry, then hold the PC left CTRL key down while typing lglg.