Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

VerticalfieldManager scroll not disappearing

Hi 

I am creating a tab manager with 3 buttons. on clicking each button a verticalfield manager named contentmanager is created and contents are added to it.

The problem is in one of the screens I am displaying the listfield with scrol. The scroll arrow as are displayed in the screen When I navigate to the the next option I delete the contents from the manager using contentmanager.deleteAll() and then add the new contents. The problem is after adding the scrollable content if click the tab button where there is no scroll required. The scroll arrows still remains there in the new tab option. 

If I displaya dialog or Status.show on clicking the tab button this issue is not happening. If anyone has faced similar issue please help me out. Is it has something to do with screens.

Developer

Re: VerticalfieldManager scroll not disappearing

Any help on this.
Highlighted
Developer

Re: VerticalfieldManager scroll not disappearing

You may not think this is relevant, but I recommend that you do review this, looking at it very closely.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/MainScreen-explained/ta-p/606644

You also need to be careful about the extent you set in custom Fields,  Check all these are reasonable.

Check you haven't added any non focusable Fields too. 

You might add some code to check the 'size' of the VFM - check its virtualheight. 

But the best approach is to simplify the issue you are seeing, removing all your specific code and using standard RIM stuff, then add back in your code until the problem is replicated.