Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Video flickering

Hello,

I have a videofile encoded with H264 that displays fine on my computer (and on a blackberry storm), but when I watch it on a Blackberry 9000, the video has some errors at fixed times (always on the same times in the video).

One error that occurs is something that looks like artefacts (decoding errors - like when you have packet loss while streaming)

The other error is flickering (previous frames that flicker between the normal videoflow)

What could be the problem of this??

The video that results in the problem can be found on: http://www.vodtec.be/jdesmedt/error_video.3gp

I wanted to post a video that shows the effect, but I don't have a camera that can record the effect... Can someone try to display the video on his BB 9000 so I can know if it is related to my BB or to all BB 9000's

Thanks in advance

Developer

Re: Video flickering

The first problem occurs at the 4th-5th second. The flickering occurs at the 22nd-23rd second.

Developer

Anyone??

Developer

Can someone who has a BB Bold 9000 test if the video plays fine or not? I want to know if the problem is related to my device or to all BB9000...

Thanks in advance

Developer

Is there nobody that has a BB9000 that wants to try this? I really need to solve this issue and knowing if this is a general BB Bold issue would help me a lot!!

Thanks

Developer

Does this video play on Simulator? I tried playing it.. only audio is coming as output, no video.  Any progress from your end?

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
Developer

I haven't tried playing it on the Simulator, but I have upgraded my device software and now it no longer happens... Seems like a bug in the BB videoplayer (the sad thing is that I don't remember the OS version on which the problem occured; if I re-encounter the problem I will post the OS version!)

Developer

Thanks for the updates. Can you please share teh details of current device and the OS which is working fine for you.

You just using it on BB player or you ahve your own app to stream the video and play it on device.

Developer

I have tested it now on OS versions 4.6.0.147, 4.6.0.125, 4.6.0.247 and 4.6.0.303 and the problem doesn't occur. When I had the flickering, it occurred in my app and in the native player.

Developer

Thanks agian. File is of around 9MB, are you doing the http streaming or jsut waiting for the file to load and play.