Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

Warning!: MIDlet class is not public:

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have my Eclipse setup running, and can run on device when I create a default Blackberry project.

The problem comes when I try to deploy an existing, fully working J2ME project.

I've created a Blackberry project and set the Application type to MIDlet (Entry point package.class format)

The Main class extends MIDlet and has the constructor and all implemented methods set to 'public'

This is the error:

Packaging project Rogues Lair
java -jar /Applications/BBEclipse/plugins/net.rim.ejde.componentpack5.0.0_5.0.0.36/components/bin/rapc.jar -convertpng -nomain -quiet codename=deliverables/Standard/5.0.0/RoguesLair -midlet -exepath=/Applications/BBEclipse/plugins/net.rim.ejde.componentpack5.0.0_5.0.0.36/components/bin/ -import=/Applications/BBEclipse/plugins/net.rim.ejde.componentpack5.0.0_5.0.0.36/components/lib/net_rim_api.jar deliverables/Standard/5.0.0/RoguesLair.rapc /Users/wirelessjava2002/Projects/J2ME/RoguesLair 2.3/bin
Warning!: MIDlet class is not public: com.rl.game.Main
com.rl.game.Main: Warning!: No definition found
Packaging project Rogues Lair succeeded (took 3.17 seconds)

When it debugs on the device, I get a ClassNotFoundExcption on the Main MiDLet class.

I can't see anything wrong with the MIDlet calss, are there any other configuring I need to do?

Many thanks