Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

What Is the System Context Menu Returned from ContextMenu.getInstance()?

I'm still working on my SubMenu implementation, specifically trying to keep the MainScreen menu open when the SubMenu is displayed.

My question is:  What specifically is the system context menu referred to in the API docs here?

is it a context menu with system related MenuItems or something else?

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: What Is the System Context Menu Returned from ContextMenu.getInstance()?

check out the link:

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/4.6.0api/net/rim/device/api/ui/ContextMenu.html

It's more field-related than anything.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: What Is the System Context Menu Returned from ContextMenu.getInstance()?

That's the exact same link that I posted.  And, unfortunately, it doesn't answer my question.

I'm asking about the system context menu that getInstance() returns.  What is a system context menu as opposed to a field context menu?

Side Note:  I've noticed that, when overriding onMenu(int instance) (I'm trying to keep the MainScreen menu open while displaying my custom SubMenu) the menu appears in the top right corner of the screen.  When I don't override it, it appears where it normally does...in the bottom left.

How does the default Screen.onMenu() display the menu in the bottom left?