Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

What are the concepts we should brush up in java to be a good blackberry developer

Hi,though i am not new to java and blackberry but i dont know where to start when an advanced blackberry application is given to me to develop i feel like this because may be i need to brush the concepts in java more thoroughly ,so can any one list out the important concepts which i should know inorder to write any application in blackberry.

Developer
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Movistar

Re: What are the concepts we should brush up in java to be a good blackberry developer

For me, this could be the list :

1) Threading

2) Networking

3) Vector and arrays handling

4) Exception handling

Developer

Re: What are the concepts we should brush up in java to be a good blackberry developer

Thank You yamilbracho for your reply

Developer

The list you have been supplied are all 'generic' Java type concepts.  I think the issues you will mainly face are BlackBerry specific.  I would actually recommend that you get one of the books, probably Beginning BlackBerry Development, and use that to focus on the BlackBerry differences, especially in the area of UI, data persistence, and networking.