Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: mtc-touch

When I open email on blackberry simulator 7 it says there is no service available

Hello all...

When I open email on blackberry simulator 7 it says there is no service available although I can open any website on the browser!!!so what is the problem I don't get it?

Thank you in advance...

Regards

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Bold(9780),Curve(8520)
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: When I open email on blackberry simulator 7 it says there is no service available

Hi joseph,

please contact your service provider they will give you the full detail about your service and emal configuration.

Because if you want to access your email account you have to configure your email account and need the BIS service.

Developer

Re: When I open email on blackberry simulator 7 it says there is no service available

Hey man..

thank you for your advice,but I am talking about the eclipse simulator does it need a service provider to open my mail?How can I do that?

regards

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

that is incorrect, the simulator is not provisioned by the service provider.

you can use the ESS (email simulator) to get mail connectivity.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer

hey man..

thanks,but i am using blackberry 7 i have been told that it does not need an ESS for its simulator to work?!

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

I have to admit i was a bit unsecure and had to look it up, but the 7.0 developer guide has its own section about the ESS, so i doubt that it is deprecated:
http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/34444/BlackBerry_Smartphone_Simulator-Developm...

the development guide is a good source for all kind of basic questions.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter