Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Which jde version supports video recording?

Hi

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but if someone can shed some light then it would be very helpful.

I was reading the following post:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Camera-Control-using-JDE-4-2/td-p/456973

here one of the replies states that video recording is possible only from bb jde version 4.6.0 onwards. I would like to know if there is any official blackberry document that mentions the same.

I am currently working on bb jde 4.3.0 and want to integrate video recording feature to my app. but i am facing issues as i cant find the required parameters for cameraApplication.

So i just want to be sure before i move on to bb jde 4.6.0. Thats all!

Thanks,

Saket

Developer

Re: Which jde version supports video recording?

JDE 4.6 it is.

Developer

thanks for your reply!

but do you know of some official documentation from RIM that i can use as a proof for the same?

thanks,

Saket

Developer

My word is not good enough...  Smiley Sad

Just joking, here is the release guide, you will note that media control was added with this release.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/3842/jde_4_6_0_known_issues%20-%20RTM.pdf

Developer

Your word is good enough for me! Smiley Very Happy

However i need to explain this to someone else. Thats why i needed some backup......

Thanks!

Saket

Developer

Okay i am facing i little problem now.

I downloaded jde 4.6.0 bcoz it is supposed to support video recording. But when i try to invoke the camera app using the CameraArguments parameter "CameraArguments.ARG_VIDEO_RECORDER" i get the error "Cannot find Symbol variable: ARG_VIDEO_RECORDER" ?????

Now i looked up and came across this post where somone says that video recording is supported only by jde versions 4.7 and above!

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Invoke-Video-Camera-directly/m-p/216490

Can someone please tell me for sure whether the issue lies with the jde or am i missing something else?......

Thanks,

Saket

Developer

I compared the release notes of Blackberry jde 4.6 and 4.7

i found that 4.7 supports invoking video recorder whereas i couldnt find the same in 4.6......

I am beginning to feel that i should have downloaded jde 4.7 rather than 4.6.

Any suggestions are most welcome!

Thanks,
Saket

Developer

Oppsss.  My mistake I think.  Apologies.  I will let someone else confirm I was wrong.