Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: airtel

While running BBM supported app on 8520, getting Error starting 'Myapp' : Module 'Myapp' has verification error.

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I have developed an application and recently made changes in it to support BBM integration. For BBM, I have added "net_rim_bb_qm_platform" jar provided by RIM and followed all the instructions. The application is working fine on simulators and also on device with OS version 6 but it is not running on device 8520(OS 5) and while opening, it gives this error:

Error starting 'Myapp' : Module 'Myapp' has verification error.

I have visited this forum question: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Error-starting-xxx-Module-xxx-has-verificati...

Here simon_hain suggests a solution to convert this jar file to cod file. I don't know what is meant by converting a jar into cod and how to include it in project. Please explain this solution.

Thanks for your help.

-Paramvir Singh

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold-3
My Carrier: Developer

Re: While running BBM supported app on 8520, getting Error starting 'Myapp' : Module 'Myapp' has verification error.

For  which OS you have created the build ?

If you have made build in OS 6.0 & try to install that build in OS 5.0 device.

So,may be that will be the reason.

Regards,

Contributor

Re: While running BBM supported app on 8520, getting Error starting 'Myapp' : Module 'Myapp' has verification error.

Hi Milan555,

I am using JRE 5 for the project.

regards,

Param

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

The problem here is most likely the level of BBM that you have installed on the device.  What is it?  WHoch level of BBM SDK did you compile against? 

Contributor

Hi peter_strange,

The version of BBM application installed on the device is 5.0.0 and

The BBM SDK I am using is 1.3

regards

Developer

Somewhere there is a table that lists BBM SDK and the BBM Versions they work with but I can't find it right now. 

But I am pretty sure that SDK 1.2 was for BBM 6.1 and SDK 1.3 was for BBM 6.2 and above. 

So you need to update the BBM on that device. 

Contributor

So that also means that to support the users using devices with BBM 5.0, I would have to use BBM SDK with lower version.

My application is targeting BlackBerry OS 5.0 and 6.0. The users having with OS 5.0 will possibly be having BBM version 5.0 or lower. Will it be best for me to opt for BBM SDK thta supports BBM app 5.0 or there is any alternative solution?

regards,

Developer

It depends on a number of things.

Firstly no BBM SDK supports BBM 5.0.  Your users need to upgrade to BBM 6.0 before even the SDK 1.0 will work.

Secondly it depends on what functionality you are trying to use.  There was additional functionality added at various BBMs levels.  Personally myself I have found that the levels before 1.2 miss stuff that is important so I will use SDK 1.2 or SDK 1.3 for my development.

Thirdly you need to decide how integral BBM is to your application.  Then look at the dependency checker methods supplied with the SDK and decide how you want to tell your users they need a later level of BBM.

Anyway for me, I would stick with 1.3 and make sure your app will run without this level if it needs to, but will tell the user to upgrade BBM level if needed.  See the dependency checker for more information on how to do this. 

Contributor

Thanks for pointing towards dependency checker. I forgot about this. I have requirement for just giving the user facility to pick a contact from the messenger contact list to send my custom message to that contact.

I am using same functioanlity on twitter app on this device. This is working. However, the Score mobile app propmts the user to upgrade to BBM version 6.